Sunday, May 18, 2008

Spring Planting

My Spring planting is done - I have fertilized for the first time.... and now - I can recover from my surgery among a beautiful canvas of color.... I love taking care of my flowers, preening, and plucking and picking.... and I love that every boat that passes enjoys my flowers as much as I do!


I bought 'sap' buckets on ebay this year.... I've used a lot of dichondria in these pots...so it will vine and hang well below these pots by the end of the summer. Some of the pots are filled with impatients - others have petunias.


another 'sap' bucket with dichondria and brachyscome -
most of my goods were purchased at Anderson's in Warsaw...but I'll stop at any greenhouse along the road!!!

http://angelo-bernacchi.com/
I bought these BRIGHT ORANGE geraniums at Bernacchi's in LaPorte, IN. I love them!!!! The front porch is planted in HOT colors to inspire the Margarativille atmosphere that we enjoy....Living on Lake time!


Lots of purple, hot pinks and oranges...in clay pots.
In a few weeks - the pots won't even be visable. I love Osteospermum - in Lemon Symphony, Melon Symphony and Soprano, a dark purple daisy like flower. I love the Cherry Blossom superbells and new this season, Dreamsicle.


Spiral rush, geraniums, superbells and Margarita Sweet potato vine will cover the steps.


Pink Verbena, brachyscome, bacopa, sweet potato vine and geraniums fill watering cans,
pails and minnow buckets.


More geraniums, brachyscome and a heart Ivy Topiary, sweet potato vine and Osteospermum.


I love this galvanized container - It was a gift from my brother and sister-in-law and it has
"Lankenau" embossed on the front. It is packed full of a purple assortment of annuals including Osteospermum and trailing purple Superbells with some bacopa hanging on the outside of the steps.


The front planter boxes filled with superbells, lobelia, dichondria, bacopa and Peters Gold Carpet (Bidens)



The side porch has many supertunias.... raspberry blast, vists bubblegum and vista cotton candy. I've used a lot of licorice and marguarite daisies with Diamond Frost Eurphorbia.




My wrought iron antique container filled with "hot" impatients and coleus




A basket of purple osteospermum, bacopa and bordeaux petunias on a stump under the arch.
The Archway is covered with Akebia and Sweet Autumn clematis that was a start from my mother-in-law, Jan. They vines have been established for about 5 years and are really beginning to take off. I enjoy the archway as it is where my bird feeder is and the house wren nests each year. It is just outside the window from our dining table and I enjoy watching the perennials come up. The iris is a Pink iris that Janet Kirkwood shared with me. I treated Janets grand-daughter and Janet became a very good friend. I think of her everytime the pink iris blooms.
Its early, and the plants have just been planted - I will post more photos as they mature.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved your flowery blog! You have chartreuse, lime, olive, green thumbs. You have made such a show piece of your home on YCL and I love the pics--can't get too many.

Love, Aunt B