Saturday, September 8, 2012
Friday, April 17, 2009
Joe Walsh - guitar, vocals , Nils Lofgren - guitar, vocals , Todd Rundgren - guitar, vocals
Dave Edmunds - guitar, vocals Burton Cummings - keyboards, vocals , Timothy B. Schmit - bass, vocals , Zak Starkey - drums , Timmy Cappello - saxaphone.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Palm and Garland Girls
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
1. Louisville, Kentucky - The location of our home office...I love Louisville. I love the feeling I have when I drive across the Ohio River and see the cityscape... there are so many wonderful things to do in Louisville...and as a road warrior, I'm always happy to spend some time with my team-mates! http://www.gotolouisville.com/
2. Lima, Ohio - A quick drive to our westward neighbor... My drivetime always give me time to enjoy my Sirius Radio - sing... pray... chat on the phone a little - and organize my thoughts.
3. Birmingham, Alabama - It is true what they say about southern hospitality. Everyone is so thoughtful, courteous and pleasant. We drove from Birmingham to Montgomery and stopped at a gas station to fill up the tank - I ran in to get a cup of coffee - and had a friendly conversation with the salesclerk as I poured my coffee. When I made my way to the counter to pay for the coffee - the salesclerk said to me, "Oh Ma'am, there is no charge for coffee here... enjoy your coffee and have a great day!" It made me smile the rest of the way to Montgomery! http://www.alabama.travel/
4. Hendersonville, Tennessee - Outside of Indiana, Tennessee is truly my favorite state. I love Nashville, home of our Paragon Office...I love Memphis - the BEST BBQ ever...and Eastern Tennessee in the Smoky Mountains is one of my favorite places in the world! I was reminded this weekend how much I love Tennessee. This wasn't a work related trip - This trip was a quick 24 hour trip with Bruce to go to Hendersonville, TN to pick up a new boat. We had a good time together - and we enjoyed the beautiful scenery of Tennessse and a taste of the Tennessee spring weather! http://www.tnvacation.com/
5. Claypool, Indiana - Sweet HOME Indiana! While I see wonderful places...and I enjoy so many different climates, scenery and friendly faces...there aren't any places I love as much as my own home. When the planes land...and I'm on the ground Indiana ~ I know I have arrived in my favorite place in the world. The place where my husband and my home are - the place where my grandsons live... where my mother and my oldest daughter reside. Oh, the wonderful, blessed comforts of home. http://www.kcgov.com/
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Springtime at Yellow Creek Lake!!! Spring is not my favorite season... I'm a true lover of summer of fall.... but there is something magical about Spring - This week's Friday's FIVE! is a focus of five signs I've noticed this week that remind me that spring is just around the corner....
1. HIGH WATER - We've had High Water since we've been residents at YCL, but this season is the record. The Tippecanoe River reached well over 15 feet causing flooding in the area. Standing in our living room was like standing on a boat = we had water all around us!!!
2. LOONS and other migratory waterfowl.... I've seen hooded mergansers and wood ducks - I've seen Sand hill cranes... the robins are back and the Martin house goes up this week. We had dinner this week at El Arriero and saw a loon on Center lake....but we haven't seen or heard our resident loon yet. We anxiously await the call!
3. CROCUS and other perennials are starting to pop up. I've got little buds of Rhubarb coming up ... it won't be long and the trees will be budding.
4. FISHERMAN on the lake... this weekend we saw the first Fisherman of the season... it's time for all the lakers to return.
5. DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!!!! I LOVE Daylight Savings time!!!! It gives us an extra hour to enjoy the great outdoors!!!! The days are getting longer and the time has changed!!! While Spring is not my favorite season....it is the season that ushers in Summer... So - bring on the sunscreen, the hats, the coolers of beer and fun in the sun!!!! I LOVE SUMMER!!!
Friday, March 6, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
February 14Th is Valentines Day.... However, it is MORE than Valentines Day to me - Valentines Day has always been a special day to me... On February 14, 1958... I came into this world weighing in at 8 lbs 1 oz and 19 inches long. I've always enjoyed my birthday on Valentine's Day ~ so this weeks Friday's Five! is dedicated to five of my most memorable birthdays.