Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday's FIVE!


April 30, 2008 - at 3:15PM ... I am now a MeMe X 2!!!!
When Tyler was born 8 years ago - I learned quickly that being a Grandparent was truly one of the greatest joys ... and one of the best life rewards. In honor of both of my blessed grandsons,
TYLER AND TREVOR
This weeks Friday's FIVE! will focus on 5 wonderful things about being a MeMe!

1. Having Grandchildren to love - unconditionally... no expectations - just love....
Endless, endless love....that is also reciprocated by the grandchildren in the most precious... heartfilled way.

2. Watching your child become one of the greatest mothers of all time. What a testimony to motherhood ... to see my own child become a mother that I admire and respect.

3. Sharing the things I love to do with my Grandsons - like a bicycle event, a hike in the smokey mountains, a kayak tour...
4. Enjoying things with my Grandsons that I wouldn't do if it weren't for them... things like - watching animated videos, eating Lego waffles, shopping for dinosaurs and playing with nerf toys.

5. Spending wonderful, blessed time with my blessed Grandsons....having them spend the night - buying them junk and candy - watching the same Shrek movie over and over again instead of my favorite TV show - taking them to the movie - digging for worms and catching crawdads in the creek, packing picnics and playing outside - and sending them home to the capable hands of their parents as I enjoy the peacefulness of our empty nest!



Life is good - and Grandchildren are Gods way of saying 'Life goes on'...
When I married my daughters' father - my own grandmother gave me a little plaque with a prayer that said....
"Look down with favor, Oh Lord on these thine servants..... and bless them with the love of their children's children"...


Dear Lord - Thank you for hearing her prayer....and granting me the love of my own children's children!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was wonderful.......it made me cry. They are lucky to have such an amazing MeME!!