Sunday, May 4, 2008

Here I go again!

Next week - on May 13th - I'm having surgery on my left foot - my third surgery on this foot in less than 8 months. I'm also having a surgery on my right foot at the same time...
I have a lot of anxiety about the whole process....
I've been living in constant pain for about a year though - and I'm praying for good results this time.
I'm scared.... and I'm sure not looking forward to the pain and the recovery.
My last surgery required a pin - and it was very painful.... I'll be pinned again - and I dread spending the month of June with my foot elevated on ice - as I'm bleary eyed from pain meds.
I'm praying the results are good and I'm able to get back to the activities I love... my biking, hiking, walking and YMCA work outs. I'm also hoping that while I'm dreading the summer in recovery....that at least the next Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday season will be pain free this year.
What a long, strange trip this has been.....

2 comments:

delaneydiariesmama said...

I hope it all goes well and that you are soon pain free. I'm sorry you have to go through this! At least you can recover with the lovely view of the lake out your back door (and visits from your new grandson?).

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, I'm sorry about your foot. I hope this next surgery fixes it for you and you recover quickly. Mark's wife, Lynne, has had several foot surgeries too.

good luck

Love, Aunt Barbara