Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday's FIVE!


I had a business event in Indianapolis this week and enjoyed a few days in The Circle City! As an Alumni of IUPUI/Indiana University School of Medicine - I have a strong affection for our capitol city. Indianapolis is a great city with so much to do! This week's Friday's FIVE! is a few of my favorite Indianapolis activities - places and events.
1. St. Elmo Steak House -
I love St. Elmo's... not just for the delicious steaks, signature shrimp cocktail - excellent service and the atmosphere... but also because it has been a part of downtown Indy history since 1902.
2. Arts and Theater District -
From concerts to broadway plays... A show in downtown Indy is always exciting!
3. Shopping, Shopping and more Shopping!
The shopping is always good in Indy... Downtown Indy - at Circle Center or Northern Indy at the Fashion Mall - http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=163
4. Indiana University Pudue University Indianapolis -
My Alma Mater
I drove to downtown Indianapolis from north Marion everyday for 2 1/2 years while I was completing my degree in Occupational Therapy. The thrill of the sunrise hitting the downtown buildings every morning never ceased to excited me! http://www.iupui.edu/
5. Indianapolis City Market
I love the fresh foods and the atmosphere of City Market - I can remember vividly making myself sick on a too many grapes when I was pregnant with Katie after a trip to Indianapolis City Market. http://indycm.com/
Honorable Mention

and a few other places of interest...




No comments: