Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday's FIVE!




I admit it... I'm a reality TV show junkie - well, not really a junkie - but I am a huge (no pun intended) fan of The Biggest Loser ... and I follow American Idol. I have been watching Biggest Loser since the very first season. I've struggled all my life with wieght - and I share so many of the issues that many of the contestants face. The finale is this week - and Alli and Kelly are two women in the finals!!! I have appreciated this special edition - Biggest Loser Couples because this is such a close knit group and they are so supportive of each other. There has been very little knit-picking, back biting and traditional reality TV drama.
It has been very motivating to watch this group support each other - and to watch the amazing transformations.
http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser_5/
Betsy lives in Chicago - right downtown, in the city...and she works in northern Chicago and has about an hour commute to and from work each day. Often she will call to chat on her way home. I love this time with her. I love catching up with the things that are happening in her life - and just sharing a laugh with her. We both love Biggest Loser and it has been a topic of discussion for us many evenings....and we discuss our diets and our work outs - and how we are trying to lose weight.

So - while I still struggle with my weight - and would love to be back down to a size 4 again, the real priority for me is to be healthy so that I can enjoy a fit and healthy life.

This week I am focusing on Five of my personal favorite Get Fit tips - as a motivator to myself ... to remind me, I've done this before - I can do it again!

1. Water - lots and lots of water

2. Cardio and weight training - at least 5 days a week

3. Oatmeal every day for breakfast

4. Beer - no more than 2X a week :( (Damn - this is the hardest!!)

5. 40/30/30 Daily Diet Composition

No comments: