Monday, April 14, 2008

Bon Voyage Captain Canada!

My Uncle has set sail for his final cruise....

Captain Canada...Uncle Jim -
Jim Pence passed away this morning ... and I know tonight that he is able to take a much deserved deep breath as he sinks a hook in a big one with his favorite fishing buddy at his side....
I know my Daddy was happy to see his little brother today.

I'm sure that tonight there is a back slappin', poker playing, boat of fun filled fisherman in heaven including Ed Gasper, My Daddy and Captain Canada aboard!

He will be missed - and I'm thankful for the lessons of living life to the fullest -
just last week I recieved an email from him that said.....
"have fun, after all - none of us are getting out of here alive!"

Happy Sailing Captain!

2 comments:

delaneydiariesmama said...

He'll be truly missed. I'm glad I was able to meet him once several years ago when Roger and I took a trip to Florida to see him and Ginger. What an amazing guy.

Anonymous said...

Mindy, what an eloquent tribute to your uncle and dad.