Sunday, March 23, 2008

Bufflehead and Woodducks!


I love this time of the year ... I have become and avid birdwatcher and I am fascinated by the migratory waterfowl on the lake.... The Wood Ducks are so beautiful - with such vivid color. We have a pair of Bufflehead on the lake right now too - they are so chubby and fun to watch. Bufflehead are divers and you can be looking at them and then suddenly they disappear into the cold water. We've seen a few grebes - and a female Hooded Merganser. The migration season is short - and they are here for such a short visit. The binoculars are always close at hand during March and April. You never know what you are going to see out on the lake during this quiet, peaceful season. I'm happy to see signs of Spring arrive while I continue to wait patiently for our calling Loon......




No comments: