Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

January 1, 2008 -
We have about 10 inches of beautiful snow. The weather is perfect for a cross country ski outting... however, I'm on crutches - have ice on my foot and will be in a cast shoe for the next eight weeks. I have to think about the positive though, and appreciate that fact that it is January - rather than May... I do believe I would rather give up Cross Country skiing for riding my bike and kayaking.

We love living in Kosciusko County because of the activities available to us. Winona Lake has a wonderful mountain bike trail and there are so many lakes to enjoy great kayaking.
The county roads offer the perfect balance of hilly and scenic roads for country road bicycling.
There really aren't groomed cross country skiing trails, but the countryside alone lends itself to a good day in the snow. http://www.kcgov.com/

I'm looking forward to our 6th year as residents in Kosciusko County - I am looking forward to 2008! We have made good friends here - and enjoy our life. It is truly a place where you can appreciate the essentials in life. I am looking forward to the birth of our second grandson, Trevor James. I am looking forward to continued growth of the great company I work for, TRS Rehab.
I am looking forward to Bruce completing his associates degree in the fall of 2008. I am looking forward to hosting more family gatherings at Yellow Creek Lake.
I hope that 2008 brings some travel - and some wanderings. I hope that 2008 brings a healthy new baby.... and general good health to all.
I hope 2008 brings a focus on healthy living and increased exercise and activities with decreased injuries and ailments. I hope we can finish a few unfinished projects - and I hope we can continue to enjoy our happy marriage and life together.
I hope to spend more time with my beautiful daughters - and their families. I'm looking forward to this year, this 50th year of my life.
I'm looking forward to truly focusing on the essentials for Living Life ZESTFULLY!!! Welcome 2008!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: