Friday, January 4, 2008

BB & Pottery!


What a wonderful day! I've been couped up with Cabin Fever in the house since my surgery on 12/26. My hometown Best Bud, Nicki - came from Marion to pick me up and take me to Winona/Warsaw for lunch and a few hours of painting at the Pottery Bayou http://www.villageatwinona.com/pottery-bayou.asp this afternoon. I love painting pottery - brushing on colors that you know will look completely different on the finished piece; creating an item in your head....and the excitement of seeing it when it comes out of the kiln, shiny and finished! I also love my friend - Nicki... whom I have shared secrets and thoughts ... wishes... heartaches... hopes ... dreams.... broken dreams.... excitement.... worry and nearly two decades of friendship. I cherish this dear friend of mine....this friend my children call "Aunt Nicki" - this friend that has been there for me in the worst of times and the best of times....this friend that I can paint pottery with and finish each others sentences. This friend that can be painting by my side - and nothing has to be said. Silence - and love. I'm so thankful for Nicki, My BB!
This friend is ESSENTIAL in my life....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that your friend Nicki feels the same way.