Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Friday's FIVE!





January in Indiana... Snow days and school delays, bad roads and snow plows and the cold weather... these are a few of the things that are the grocery line topics in Indiana. The appeal of Indiana for me is living in an state where we are able to truly enjoy four seasons. We experience spring, fall, summer and even winter at it's best. My Friday's FIVE! this week is a focus of five things I keep warm during our cold January winter....
1. Movie dates with my husband - We both love to go to the Movie theater... and share a bucket of popcorn and a good movie. We aren't frequent movie goers... but we do tend to go at least once or twice in January. This year, we have seen Marley and Me and Benjamin Button... Our first date was in December, 1974 - and we went to see "Airport '75"... we also went to see several movies together in January of 1975...
2. Birdwatching against white, new fallen snow... The vivid colors of a cardinal against the bright, white snow is a beautiful sight! Our Pastor mentioned seeing a an eagle just a few miles from us last week...it is a great time for birdwatching!
3. The moan and groan of the frozen lake ... it is such an eerie, haunting sound... Typically, when the temperatures change at about sunset - it really roars. I love that sound - the sound is usually associated with cozy evenings at the cottage with a fire in the fireplace and a pot of soup of the stove!
4. White sales - I love new sheets... I love high thread count sheets when the temperatures are warm, but I especially love flannel sheets when the temperatures dip below freezing. Janyce Ward loved flannel sheets and when I would spend winter weekends in Indy with Laura, I remember flannel sheets. I love the cozy feeling of flannel sheets on a cold, January evening!
5. Tall-Quad-Nonfat-Upside Down-Extra Hot Latte from Starbucks. MMMmmmmm - a Hot Latte on a cold January day... We don't have a Starbucks in Warsaw (yet)... but there are plenty of them along the way of my work travels and airports - When I'm not traveling, we have a fine reasonable facsimile - "Courthouse Coffee" - where I can find a latte to keep to me warm right here at home!




No comments: