Sunday, January 11, 2009

Friday's FIVE!


“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”


This weeks Friday's FIVE! is a focus to my 2009 Mission... Bringing harmony to my life!

Balance - Harmony... a blend of all that is essential, in equal parts. The focus of this - is true harmony as I have experienced it in my life...


1. The marriage of my mother and father ... truly a love story. I'm so thankful for the gift of my parents love... not just the love they gave me - but the love they gave each other. My parents gave me the greatest gift a child can recieve... the love for each other - their love is true example of harmony.


2. Several years ago, Bruce and I hiked Andrews Bald - We made that hike late in the day... with the intention of seeing the sunset at the end of the hike at Clingmans Dome. The background of that sunset - behind those awesome mountains ... the vivid blues and mauves and reds... the scene was truly a harmony of color and views...


3. The look on the faces of my grandsons when they looked at each other for the first time... it was harmony at it's best. Tyler was over 8 years old when Trevor was born...and he was very ready for a sibling. Tyler has always been a positive, loving sibling and has not demonstrated any sibling rivalry. Trevor is now almost 9 months old and they still express that harmony toward each other...


4. I wait every year ... for the sound of the loon that arrives around the first day of spring.
The call of the loon has been the sound to ring in spring every year that we have been here. There is something so intriguing about the loons call - and we have such a short period of time to enjoy the wonderful sound as he only stays a few short weeks. When he calls, the 'lakers' have usually not returned...the lake is still peaceful and quiet - the call of the loon is the harmonious reminder of new life and awaking of the world!


5. Bruce and I live our lives in harmony... My life is peaceful now and I appreciate the harmony between us. We live our lives as true partners... we enjoy many of the same activities... and we enjoy spending time with each other... sitting across from each other at local hot spots carrying on a conversation about our day - or we enjoy just sitting in our chairs quietly.... no talking necessary. He is truly my soulmate - the harmony in my life....and I'm forever grateful!

No comments: