Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Charmayne!

I believe it was the summer of 1973...Epworth Forest, North Webster ... Senior High Institute -
I was a member of First United Methodist Church, but I attended New Hope United Methodist Youth Group with my neighbor and my friend, Teena... New Hope was a small Methodist Church, so we had to share our camp cabin with kids from another small church. Charmayne Lankenau was a member of Hanfield youth group. We became fast friends that week - and embarked on a friendship that would last a lifetime.
Fast forward to December of 1974 - Charmayne and I had gone to a favorite gathering place for teens/young adults. She introduced me to her brother, Bruce. Bruce and I were both very attracted to each other - and less than a week later, on Christmas night... we went out on our first date. We dated on and off for almost a year... and then we each went our own directions - but my friendship with Charn didn't waiver. We remained very close friends....
Charmayne was in my wedding party when I married Steve. When Charmayne began her career as a Realtor - her first home sale was to Steve to I... our house on Koldyke Drive.
Life went forward... we both had children...busy careers... grandchildren.... etc. etc. etc.
Charmayne was always one of my dearest friends... a confidant that I trust completely....
I always knew she would be a friend for life - but at that time, I never dreamed that we would also one day become family. Today Charmayne is still one of my dearest - closest friends....my lifetime friend....and now she is also my sister-in-law!
I'm so thankful for her - and the entire Lankenau family...
My family, the Lankenau family!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHARMAYNE!
I love you!

No comments: