Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Friday's FIVE!


Its Thanksgiving week! This week I'll focus on five of my favorite things about Thanksgiving ... Over the years - I've celebrated Thanksgiving in many different ways and many different places. This year -the girls are going to their in-laws.., and my brother lives in San Antonio - so Bruce and I are going to pick up dinner at Meshingomesia Country Club and take it to Moms. Bruce and Mom and I will gather together and give thanks for all the wonderful things in our life!

Bruce and I will then travel to Carmel to gather with his family in the late afternoon. While I keep a gratitude journal - and I do try to focus on gratitude ... I also enjoy the tradition of the holiday!!! Five of my Favorite Thanksgiving Traditions...


1.PUMPKIN PIE!!! My Mom's Pumpkin Mom is the best Pumpkin Pie in the world - and I LOVE Pumkin Pie!!!!


2. I can still hear my Daddy saying... "My, my, my, my, my" ... and that means "OH MAN...this is really good food and I'm so full I can't hardly stand it..." I miss my Daddy.


3. Bruce is one of 7 siblings... and getting a word (or an elbow) in edgewise is always challenge. The excitement - and the closeness of his large family is a lot of fun. A large family is something I always wanted to be a part of...and now, I am!


4. I love doing the cooking - and hosting the dinner. When the kids were young - we would alternate years with George and Dubie and Mom and Dad.... and when it was the Fennimore year, I would often cook. I have hosted once since Bruce and I have married - and I'm looking forward to many more! I love to get out my china and my crytal ... I love to cook the traditional turkey and the trimmings...and I love to see my kids satisfied faces at the end of the meal!


5. What would Thanksgiving be without .... The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!!! I love it...
The bands - the floats... the Broadway musicals, the Rockettes and SANTA CLAUS!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU!!!



No comments: