Saturday, March 14, 2009

Friday's FIVE!


Springtime at Yellow Creek Lake!!! Spring is not my favorite season... I'm a true lover of summer of fall.... but there is something magical about Spring - This week's Friday's FIVE! is a focus of five signs I've noticed this week that remind me that spring is just around the corner....
~~~~~~

1. HIGH WATER - We've had High Water since we've been residents at YCL, but this season is the record. The Tippecanoe River reached well over 15 feet causing flooding in the area. Standing in our living room was like standing on a boat = we had water all around us!!!
~~~~~~~

2. LOONS and other migratory waterfowl.... I've seen hooded mergansers and wood ducks - I've seen Sand hill cranes... the robins are back and the Martin house goes up this week. We had dinner this week at El Arriero and saw a loon on Center lake....but we haven't seen or heard our resident loon yet. We anxiously await the call!

~~~~~~~~~~

3. CROCUS and other perennials are starting to pop up. I've got little buds of Rhubarb coming up ... it won't be long and the trees will be budding.

~~~~~~~~~~

4. FISHERMAN on the lake... this weekend we saw the first Fisherman of the season... it's time for all the lakers to return.

~~~~~~~~~~

5. DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!!!! I LOVE Daylight Savings time!!!! It gives us an extra hour to enjoy the great outdoors!!!! The days are getting longer and the time has changed!!! While Spring is not my favorite season....it is the season that ushers in Summer... So - bring on the sunscreen, the hats, the coolers of beer and fun in the sun!!!! I LOVE SUMMER!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: