Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday's FIVE!

I am so fortunate to have a career I love... I work for the best rehab company in the country, Paragon Rehab....and I am so fortunate to have co-workers that I love to work with... I respect my team-mates... and am so blessed to be a part of the team! One of the advantages of my position - is the travel that I have the opportunity to do... While I get lonely on the road, and I miss being home with Bruce and Millie - I do get see so many wonderful places around the country. This weeks Friday's FIVE! is a look at the five places I have been in the last few weeks!



1. Louisville, Kentucky - The location of our home office...I love Louisville. I love the feeling I have when I drive across the Ohio River and see the cityscape... there are so many wonderful things to do in Louisville...and as a road warrior, I'm always happy to spend some time with my team-mates! http://www.gotolouisville.com/



2. Lima, Ohio - A quick drive to our westward neighbor... My drivetime always give me time to enjoy my Sirius Radio - sing... pray... chat on the phone a little - and organize my thoughts.
http://www.limaohio.com/



3. Birmingham, Alabama - It is true what they say about southern hospitality. Everyone is so thoughtful, courteous and pleasant. We drove from Birmingham to Montgomery and stopped at a gas station to fill up the tank - I ran in to get a cup of coffee - and had a friendly conversation with the salesclerk as I poured my coffee. When I made my way to the counter to pay for the coffee - the salesclerk said to me, "Oh Ma'am, there is no charge for coffee here... enjoy your coffee and have a great day!" It made me smile the rest of the way to Montgomery! http://www.alabama.travel/



4. Hendersonville, Tennessee - Outside of Indiana, Tennessee is truly my favorite state. I love Nashville, home of our Paragon Office...I love Memphis - the BEST BBQ ever...and Eastern Tennessee in the Smoky Mountains is one of my favorite places in the world! I was reminded this weekend how much I love Tennessee. This wasn't a work related trip - This trip was a quick 24 hour trip with Bruce to go to Hendersonville, TN to pick up a new boat. We had a good time together - and we enjoyed the beautiful scenery of Tennessse and a taste of the Tennessee spring weather! http://www.tnvacation.com/



5. Claypool, Indiana - Sweet HOME Indiana! While I see wonderful places...and I enjoy so many different climates, scenery and friendly faces...there aren't any places I love as much as my own home. When the planes land...and I'm on the ground Indiana ~ I know I have arrived in my favorite place in the world. The place where my husband and my home are - the place where my grandsons live... where my mother and my oldest daughter reside. Oh, the wonderful, blessed comforts of home. http://www.kcgov.com/

No comments: