Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday's FIVE!


It's been a busy few weeks... Last week I flew from Fort Wayne to Nashville, TN for a business meeting for a few days- From Nashville, TN to Indianapolis for two day meeting ... Bruce picked me up in Indy and we drove to Gatlinburg and the GSMNP for a long weekend siesta... This week on Tuesday I flew back to Memphis - and yesterday... my return flight from Memphis was late, so I missed my connection in Detroit to Fort Wayne. I was rerouted from Detroit to Cleveland...and then from Cleveland to Fort Wayne. I love my job - and the opportunity to travel and see places and meet people that I otherwise wouldn't meet... but as I sit in my own comfy chair tonight - with my husband next to me...and the dog curled at our feet - I am reminded how much I love my home and my comfortable surroundings...This weeks Friday's Five! is dedicated to five things that I love about being at home...



1. My own comfy chair with my computer in my lap - and my google browser pointed toward day dreams on Travelocity ... and window shopping on Ebay - with a fire in the fireplace.


2. My dog - next to me all day long.


3. A weeknight beer and a bowl of soup at the local watering hole with our friends, Allen and Esther....(Friday night is always good too - but I'm usually home by Friday night anyway)...

so it is the weeknight 'meeting' that I'm especially appreciative tonight.


4. The Solitude of the lake on a fall weekday... piers are out - most boats are out... and most of the lakers have closed up for the winter. Peace.


5. Having my husband to talk with... or to just be silent with... my partner, my friend.


There's NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!

No comments: